Friday, November 17, 2017

Then the Lord answered his prayer in behalf of the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped.

2 Samuel 24

Then the Lord answered his prayer in behalf of the land, and the plague on Israel was stopped. v25 

According to the Macarthur Bible Commentary, the Lord is angry with David for "some unspecified sins".  So He allows Satan to incite David against Israel - see 1 Chronicles 21:1.  Although there is no mention of any specific sin committed by Israel, we all know Israel has a long history of turning away from God and all of us will never cease sinning - hence WHY God had to send His one and only Son (John 3:16).

In 2 Samuel 24, David attempts to intercede on behalf of Israel and we see that David's intercession on behalf of Israel is successful.

We ALL need intercession.  We all need Jesus.  Others may provide intercessory prayer - which is powerful.  But first and foremost we need Jesus.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has interceded on my behalf and willingly gone to the cross for me and everyone - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such an incredible gift - the greatest gift of all time.  I am easily distracted by the world.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.