Saturday, November 18, 2017

Now Adonijah, whose mother was Haggith, put himself forward and said, “I will be king.”

1 Kings 1

 Now Adonijah, whose mother was Haggith, put himself forward and said, “I will be king.” v5

Adonijah, one of David's sons, sees David is growing old and he pictures himself as king.  Yet we know that Solomon is loved by the Lord since birth.

Solomon ultimately becomes king (v38-40, 1 Kings 2:12). Although Adonijah at first submits to Solomon, he still harbors ill feelings regarding how his brother rose to the throne (1 Kings: 2:15).

Yet there are times in our lives when we all feel like we want to reign over either all parts of our life or parts of it.  I know this for myself.

Lord Jesus, please help me submit all of my life to You, the King of Kings.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who is firmly in control and You reign over everything - for Your glory and my good.  You are slow to anger and abounding in love and You have been merciful many, many times.  I am not deserving of such grace and mercy.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.