Wednesday, November 1, 2017

And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

2 Samuel 6

And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death. v23

I have previously posted on this chapter here and focused on how we should not hide our faith.  Indeed, we should not hide our light:


“No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.  Luke 8:16
Today, God helps me see how this dynamic plays itself out in the lives of believers in how they choose their church.  Believers (including myself) often "church shop" and focus on whether they like sermons or music, etc.  Yet in the past few years, God has helped me understand that most importantly, our church home should best support a growing personal relationship with Jesus.  We should not be distracted by music or sermons - no church is perfect.  
Michal, unfortunately, focused on David's manner of worship instead of His love of God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has blessed me because of my growing hunger and thirst for righteousness.  My cup overflows - thank You for growing my faith and for the many many blessings Your pour for me.  I am not deserving. I worry.  I gossip.  I am easily distracted.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and everyday.