Tuesday, October 31, 2017

And he became more and more powerful, because the Lord God Almighty was with him.

2 Samuel 5

And he became more and more powerful, because the Lord God Almighty was with him. v10

We must remember that we are not powerful because of our own efforts - it is because God is with us and we lean on His strength and power.  Paul writes of this power:


I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. 

That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.  Ephesians 1:18-21

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

The question then might be - how can I have such faith?  It is only by cultivating and maintaining a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8

See also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who provides life...and to the full!  You are amazing and my cup overflows.  Thank You Jesus for the many blessings that You pour out to me.  I am undeserving.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.