Sunday, October 1, 2017

Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.

Judges 16

Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes. v28

While we are led to believe that it was Samson's hair that gave him his strength, we must all understand that Samson's strength came only from the Lord - as it is true with all of us.  

We must also believe that we are provided with the same power that resurrected Jesus from the grave:

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:18-21

Lord Jesus, please help understand use the great power available to me through You.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has exercised incredible power in my life - as I have seen Your hand.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth how You have poured out Your blessings on me.  I worry far too much and I am harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.