Monday, October 23, 2017

The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.” With these words David sharply rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.

1 Samuel 24

The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.” With these words David sharply rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way. v6-7

Although he is not perfect, David is a man after God's heart.  He seeks God's will in his life, not his own - see 1 Samuel 23 verses 2, 4, and 10.  Here in this morning's verses David also demonstrates that it is not his role to stand in the way of God's plan - God anointed Saul King and far be it from him to strike Saul down.  This is for God to do - should it be His will.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the way, the truth, and life and I know that I cannot come to God without accepting You as my Lord and Savior....and I do.  You came to save me and I need saving.  Thank You for saving me Jesus.  Yet I am not worth such efforts because I am harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.