Wednesday, October 11, 2017

It is not by strength that one prevails; those who oppose the Lord will be broken.

1 Samuel 2

It is not by strength that one prevails; those who oppose the Lord will be broken. v9-10

The Lord blessed Hannah with a son and her response is appropriate - she willingly submits Samuel to the Lord, recognizing that God has great plans for Samuel; and in chapter 2 she praises God for what He has done in this amazing prayer.

I am touched this morning by verse 9-10 because I often rely on my own strength to see myself through difficult situations.  I must recognize that it is through faith alone that we draw strength.


My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
 
 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
 
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19
 
The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:19
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love, patience, understanding, compassion, etc. - slow to anger and abounding in love - INDEED!  I am grateful for You God - that You would love me and rescue me - just as I am.  Yet I know I am undeserving.  I am full of worry and harshness for others - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.