Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Whenever the spirit from God came on Saul, David would take up his lyre and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him.

1 Samuel 16

Whenever the spirit from God came on Saul, David would take up his lyre and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him. v23

Many in the world suffer - believers and non believers alike.  We are to reach out and encourage people.

See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.  Hebrews 3:12-14  

Sin is not ended by multiplying words, but the prudent hold their tongues.  The tongue of the righteous is choice silver, but the heart of the wicked is of little value. The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of sense. Proverbs 10:19-21

The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:4
 
And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You encourage me, provide for me, soothe me, heal me, etc.  What a great God You are!  Thank You for adopting me as Your child and for sealing me for eternity and for keeping me from being enslaved by sin!  I am not worth such love and efforts because I worry, gossip, and am harsh with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.