Monday, October 16, 2017

Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.

1 Samuel 15

Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LordTo obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you as king. v22-23

Just as the Lord gave instructions to Saul to "attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys" (v3), God wants us to follow His instructions.  We should not attempt to justify sin (even by saying God will forgive us) nor do we get to hold back parts of our lives where we don't submit to God fully and completely. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love, patience, compassion, etc. for me.  Thank You Jesus - I am not worth such love, patience, and compassion.  I worry - I must trust You with 100% faith in all areas of my life.  Please forgive me and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.