Wednesday, October 4, 2017

In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.

Judges 21

In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit. v25

Once again, as I close the book of Judges, I am reminded how we all worship something.  The Israelites vowed to worship the Lord but time and time again, failed to keep the covenant it made with the Lord.  Yet the Lord is patient and compassionate - slow to anger and abounding in love.  He heard our cries in Egypt and sent Moses and Aaron.  Then of course He sent His one and only Son - Jesus Christ to rescue us.

We now have a new covenant. 

“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord.  I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” Then he adds:“Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary. Hebrews 10:16-18

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - I am grateful for what You have done - You have rescued me from my sin and transformed my heart and life - and blessed me beyond what I deserve.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I worry - and I act harshly and badly.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin.  Help me turn towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please give her a 100% clean mammogram this morning - give her peace and encouragement.  Heal her of the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.