Thursday, October 26, 2017

David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God.

1 Samuel 30

David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the Lord his God. v6

There will be days when it seems the world is against you and it can be overwhelming.  David, from his days as a younger man when he slayed Goliath, finds his confidence in the Lord, not in others, and not in things of this world.  


You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. Psalm 59:17


My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
 
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:18-21
 
See also post here
 
Lord Jesus, help me stay near to You in good times and bad so that when the bad times do come - and they will - I can find my strength in You alone.
 
My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who strengthens me daily through Your Word, the Holy Spirit, and through others where You work in them - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth how You love me - I am broken and my sin continues.  I am often harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.