Monday, October 9, 2017

I was pouring out my soul to the Lord. Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief.”

1 Samuel 1

I was pouring out my soul to the Lord. Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief.” v15-16

God wants all of us - during good times and bad times.  We must remember him in good times - knowing that God produces the harvest and all of its blessings.


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  James 1:17

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:16-17

Once we recognize and live with this in mind - we can also recognize that He is all we need.

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. Psalm 16:5

We can come to Him during the bad times once we know who He is during the good times.  This is our faith - that God exists and is always there for us.  Hannah knows this.  We should too.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are - You provide for all things in my life and I am not in want.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.