Friday, November 10, 2017

Leave him alone; let him curse, for the Lord has told him to. It may be that the Lord will look upon my misery and restore to me his covenant blessing instead of his curse today.”

2 Samuel 16

Leave him alone; let him curse, for the Lord has told him to. It may be that the Lord will look upon my misery and restore to me his covenant blessing instead of his curse today.” v11-12

Reinforcing David's renewed relationship with the Lord, today's chapter, when read in conjunction with yesterday's post, provides us with an example of how we should view our circumstances when things are difficult.  David, instead of focusing on the difficulty of his circumstances, focuses on God's will and what God is doing in his life.  David loves the Lord and he knows the Lord loves him.  He also knows that he has sinned and God may be punishing him for his sin and training him for something greater than David can see.  David is mindful that God has a plan and that he should trust in the sovereignty of God and how God loves us.

See also posts on suffering and difficulties.

I have seen God's greatness in suffering and difficulties in my own life - He is indeed great!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have always been with me through my suffering and difficulties and I know You will always be with me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love Jesus.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for both Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.