Wednesday, December 6, 2017

But Elisha answered, “Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the Lord says: ‘They will eat and have some left over.’” Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the Lord.

2 Kings 4

But Elisha answered, “Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the Lord says: ‘They will eat and have some left over.’” Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the Lord. v43-44

Much like yesterday's post, we see similarities between Elisha and Jesus.  Elisha has a double portion of God' spirit on him and he performs miracles like that of Jesus, including raising people from the dead and feeding many with little.

We should all understand that God's spirit is in all of us as believers and we should serve with the same confidence as Elijah and Elisha - God is able and will do amazing things when we submit to His will and trust in Him.


I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.   

That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.  Ephesians 1:18-21

I pray for myself that I recognize this on a daily basis and life for His glory and not my own.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and You provide the Holy Spirit for me - what an amazing blessing.  Thank You Jesus. I am not worth such love.  I am weak and I worry.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.