Sunday, December 3, 2017

The king of Israel answered Jehoshaphat, “There is still one prophet through whom we can inquire of the Lord, but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad. He is Micaiah son of Imlah.”

1 Kings 22

The king of Israel answered Jehoshaphat, “There is still one prophet through whom we can inquire of the Lord, but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad. He is Micaiah son of Imlah.” v8

God is slow to anger and abounding in love (see yesterday's post), giving Ahab an extended lease on life.  Yet Ahab, amazingly so, fails to see God's grace, he does not turn towards God, and within 3 years (relatively quickly) he dies just as prophesied in 1 Kings 21.  It's possible he could have lived even longer - who knows.

God's patience is not unlimited - see post here and the Parable of the Gold Coins where the "worthless servant [who failed to use and invest coins given to him by his master] [is thrown]
outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth".

We are to persistently deliver the Good News of Jesus Christ.  Yet for those who deny Jesus, God does not have unlimited patience.

Lord Jesus - help me persistently delivery the Good News of Jesus Christ to those I know who are lost.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has rescued me and You love me and are enormously patient with me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love patience.  I worry and I often fail to persistently deliver the Good News to the lost.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to accept You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.