Sunday, December 10, 2017

This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his servant Elijah the Tishbite: On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs will devour Jezebel’s flesh. Jezebel’s body will be like dung on the ground in the plot at Jezreel, so that no one will be able to say, ‘This is Jezebel.’”

2 Kings 9

This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his servant Elijah the Tishbite: On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs will devour Jezebel’s flesh. Jezebel’s body will be like dung on the ground in the plot at Jezreel, so that no one will be able to say, ‘This is Jezebel.’” v36-37

After Ahab kills Naboth and steals his vineyard, Elijah prophecies in 1 Kings 21 that both Ahab and Jezebel are to die gruesome deaths and in 1 Kings 22 Ahab dies.  Now we see Jezebel's death unfold just as Elijah said it would.

As I posted yesterday, God always keeps His promises - this is true regardless of the nature of the promise.  In the case of Revelation, God reveals to John the end of times and the promise of eternal damnation for those who do not believe.  

Paul also writes of the end times in his letter to the church in Thessalonica:

He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10

We should be mindful of the Day of Judgement whether it happens when we die or when Jesus returns as described by John in Revelation. God promises destruction to those who lack faith. For those of us who believe, we are promised eternity in Heaven with Jesus.  What an amazing gift - the greatest gift of all time!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that are reserving a place for us in Heaven!  We should rest in the confidence of knowing that You are doing this for us...and so much more.  Thank You for doing all that You do for me Jesus.  I just need to trust in You.  Yet sometimes I waver in my faith.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my lack of faith.  Help me turn away from my sin towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.