Saturday, December 23, 2017

That day David first appointed Asaph and his associates to give praise to the Lord in this manner[.]

1 Chronicles 16

That day David first appointed Asaph and his associates to give praise to the Lord in this manner[.] v7

When we worship God we must recognize who He is and His attributes.

When we take the time to reflect on who God is, what He has done corporately and personally, then our natural response is to humble ourselves and ask forgiveness for our sin so that we are not separated from for too long...that we can remain near to Him. 

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:15

Instead, just as David instructed Asaph we are to "Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." v11

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who has created the heavens and the earth, yet You humbled Yourself to save me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I lazy and I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.