Sunday, January 14, 2018

But when envoys were sent by the rulers of Babylon to ask him about the miraculous sign that had occurred in the land, God left him to test him and to know everything that was in his heart.

2 Chronicles 32

But when envoys were sent by the rulers of Babylon to ask him about the miraculous sign that had occurred in the land, God left him to test him and to know everything that was in his heart. v31

God wants us to use our lives to proclaim His greatness.  All of us are miracles and He has he worked wonders in our lives - He wants to use us to reach others.  I am doubtful that God left Hezekiah in the sense Hezekiah was unable to communicate with God.  God is everywhere and accessible for all of us - it is more likely that God stopped working in the same way He had been (see v30 where it says "He succeeded in everything he undertook."). 

This speaks to the "dry spells" in our lives where many of us feel that God has stopped working in our lives.  This is not possible. 

God will be with us to the very end of the age (Matthew 28:20).

God is alive and active (Hebrews 4:12-13).

When we claim that God is not working in our lives we must look more vigorously for Him to see what He is doing because He is doing SOMETHING.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is always with me and always working in my life - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.