Saturday, January 6, 2018

Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery.

2 Chronicles 19

Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery. v7

Jehoshaphat appoints judges in Judah and is careful to point them to the Lord for their wisdom.

Solomon recognized this:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7

We must understand that we are not to go God for wisdom in big decisions but in ALL decisions and for ALL of our life.  This requires transformation of the mind.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

It is this DAILY renewing of the mind that should be our focus as this will serve to help God mold our hearts and minds into His image.

See also this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God whose wisdom far surpasses my own understanding and it provides for all of my needs and I would be lost without You and Your Word.  Thank You Jesus for loving me despite my sin.  I am not worthy - I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.