Friday, January 5, 2018

Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the Lord, but only from the physicians.

2 Chronicles 16

Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the Lord, but only from the physicians. v12


Asa, King of Judah, relied on the earthly powers of himself and others vs on God.  See also v7-9:

At that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said to him: “Because you relied on the king of Aram and not on the Lord your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped from your hand. Were not the Cushites and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen? Yet when you relied on the Lord, he delivered them into your hand. For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.”

I am very guilty of this sin in my life - and this is the source of my worry. 

We must avoid leaning on our own strength and understanding.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 

See also posts on:

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who is so full of love and compassion, and You have a great plan for me...I know.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I am not worth such love because I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose you as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.