Friday, January 26, 2018

Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews.

Esther 10

Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews. v3

Mordecai persuaded Esther (Esther 4) to request relief from Haman's edict to have all the Jews killed.  Mordecai is honored for uncovering a plot to kill the king (Esther 6), and Haman suffers the fate (he is impaled) intended for Mordecai (Esther 7).  

There are several lessons here for us.  One is that in the face of danger, we should be strong and courageous - to fight for what we know is right in the eyes of the Lord. God is with us.  Some of us may face physical harm - others emotional harm - regardless, we can rest on Jesus Christ who is the cornerstone, our rock.  Another lesson for us is that we are to serve one another - to work "for the good of [our] people" in ministry.  Acts 2:45 paints a picture of how the early church did this.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You give us "one anothers" who we are blessed to serve and who serve us.  You created the church so that we can strengthen and grow together.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.