Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God.

2 Chronicles 5

Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God. v13-14

Solomon "and the entire assembly of Israel...had gathered about him were before the ark" (v6) and worshiped God in the temple they had just built.  They sought God and God responded, "filling" the temple.

God wants us to invite Him into our hearts and lives, and He promises us that He will not only draw near to us if we draw near to Him, but that we will also be blessed and "filled" if we seek Him.

Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:12-13
 
I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. Proverbs 8:17

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6



My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who Has filled my life with Your Word, Your Blessings, and Your Grace - thank You Jesus!  I am in awe of what You do every day.  I am not worth such love as I am selfish and I worry - I also am harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.