Monday, January 8, 2018

He did evil in the eyes of the Lord, as the house of Ahab had done, for after his father’s death they became his advisers, to his undoing. He also followed their counsel when he went with Joram son of Ahab king of Israel to wage war against Hazael king of Aram at Ramoth Gilead.

2 Chronicles 22

He did evil in the eyes of the Lord, as the house of Ahab had done, for after his father’s death they became his advisers, to his undoing. He also followed their counsel when he went with Joram son of Ahab king of Israel to wage war against Hazael king of Aram at Ramoth Gilead. v4

We know from previous readings (see 1 Kings 16:30) that Ahab did evil in the eyes of the Lord.  In fact it is said he "did more evil in the eyes of the Lord than any of those before him".

So it is no surprise that Ahaziah did evil in the eyes of the Lord as he chose Ahab's family to be his advisers.  We must be careful who and how we include in our life.  We are to love those in the world but not to conform to the world.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? 2 Corinthians 6:14
 
Do not conform to the pattern of this world[.] Romans 12:2
 
Instead, we are intended to live in fellowship with other believers who can mutually help each other grow in Christ.
 
He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:10-11
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God full of love and compassion for me.  You provide for all of my needs and You are always with me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and compassion.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.