Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God.

Nehemiah 8

Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God.v8

After the wall was rebuilt, the people assembled and Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God.  As the people worshiped they responded with Amen and there was great joy (v12, v17) "because they now understood the words that had been made known to them".

When we converse with God, reading and studying His Word, and we do so diligently, we will not only find God, we will find what God promises as the Holy Spirit comes upon us - the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors[.] Proverbs 8:34
 
Matthew Henry, in his commentary, states: "[s]pare hours cannot be better spent than in studying the scriptures and conversing with them".
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great and You have made Yourself known to me, in many ways, and daily through scripture, where You meet me, speak to me, and provide for my daily bread - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God because I worry, about my job and my family.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.