Sunday, January 28, 2018

But now be so kind as to look at me.

Job 6

But now be so kind as to look at me. v28

Job cries out to God in his anguish and He is desperate to see God in his difficulties.  But again, Job does not curse God nor deny His sovereignty.  There will be times in our life when we can barely speak - our pain and anguish is so great.  It is in these times when we must recognize that we can come to God just as we are.  God wants us to depend on Him - we should be desperate for Him.  God hears our cries.

During the Israelites bondage in Egypt, they cried out and God heard them.

The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them. Exodus 3:23-25 

Yet we must also understand that our faith is strongest when we commune with God during both good times and bad.  It is during these good times when we can draw on the goodness of God in hindsight to see all that God has done. As I posted several days ago, we should be building our faith on a firm foundation so that when turbulent times come, and they will (John 16:33), we can remain firm in our faith. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who provides for all of my needs and who has come to save me - thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I am broken.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friend and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.