Monday, January 29, 2018

To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.

Job 12

To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his. v13

In the midst of suffering, it is difficult to see how God is working and what He is up to.  Yet Job understands that despite his anguish, God remains sovereign.  Though we can draw close to God and learn more about Him and His attributes, we will never fully fathom Him.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

God is always at work and in control.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:17
 
We can take comfort that God works for His glory and our good.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
 
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:26-28

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know that You are in control and that You are working for my good - I don't know what You have in store for me but I know that You love me and that You will never stop loving me and You will never leave me.  Thank You Jesus.  I would be lost without You.  I am not worth such love.  Please forgive me Jesus.  I worry and am harsh with my words and actions.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.