Friday, January 12, 2018

They confronted King Uzziah and said, “It is not right for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the Lord. That is for the priests, the descendants of Aaron, who have been consecrated to burn incense. Leave the sanctuary, for you have been unfaithful; and you will not be honored by the Lord God.”

2 Chronicles 26

They confronted King Uzziah and said, “It is not right for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the Lord. That is for the priests, the descendants of Aaron, who have been consecrated to burn incense. Leave the sanctuary, for you have been unfaithful; and you will not be honored by the Lord God.” v18

In verses 16-17, Uzziah's pride became his downfall and Azariah and the other priests confronted Uzziah. 

We must remember that as believers we are part of a Royal Priesthood:


But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9


As part of this Royal Priesthood we must take a stand for proclaiming truth.

Yes we are called to submit to earthly authorities placed over us but our first and foremost call is to God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who is the way, the truth and the life and You provide life abundantly!  I am blessed - thank You Jesus.  Yet I am undeserving.  Please forgive me Jesus for my worry and other sin.  Help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.