Friday, March 23, 2018

[B]ut whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.

Proverbs 1

[B]ut whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm. v33

Sin and temptation fills the world and harm awaits all of us - whether this is physical or emotional harm.  We need a Savior.  Here in Proverbs we learn of a Savior named wisdom and we know this wisdom comes from God and is God (see also 1 Kings 3, John 1).

What a great promise we have that God will always be with us (Matthew 28:20) and that He is our shepherd protecting us from harm.

We matter to God. See also The Parable of the Lost Sheep.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves us and who protects us from harm - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry...too much!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.