Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.

Psalm 111

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. v10

Both David and Solomon understand that God is the source of all of our abilities - including what we can do with our minds. With my worry, I often am concerned whether I am doing enough or whether I am doing the right thing - overthinking matters.  Instead of letting my mind wander - I should anchor myself to the Lord and His Word and let the Holy Spirit fill me.  I must FULLY submit to Him, including my thoughts.

Lord Jesus, please fill my head with fear and thoughts of You - for You are a great God who loves me.  

Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:17-19

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great indeed and I know that You love me, despite my sin and brokenness. Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love because I worry far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.