Thursday, March 22, 2018

He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

Psalm 147

He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. v4

During those times when we doubt God's love for us, we can recall the words of this Psalm and similar scripture.  God loves us because He created us, specifically, and He knows everything about us - even down to the hair on our head.


I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:4-7

To God, we are not faceless - we are known - in fact, fully known and fully loved.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Further, we have been adopted as God's children:

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:14-17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who knows everything about us and who loves us.  Thank You Jesus for Your love for me.  I am not worth such love.  I worry and I am often harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.