Saturday, March 24, 2018

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops[.]

Proverbs 3

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops[.] v9

I have been blessed financially and it is my hope that I have been a good steward of the resources entrusted to me.  God wants us to be generous and to give freely and with a cheerful heart. 

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

See also John Piper's thoughts on using money shrewdly and the Parable of the Shrewd Manager.

My Prayer; Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who provides - for all things and in all times - You are the source of all provision.  Thank You Jesus for blessing me - my cup overflows and I am undeserving.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.