Thursday, March 1, 2018

Hear me, Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.

Psalm 86

Hear me, Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. v1

We must remain humble - David, one of God's greatest servants, with few exceptions remained humble.  For we are not just not equal to God we are NOTHING without Him as He is our creator and sustainer.  As His servants, we must become less and allow Him to work in our lives.


He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30


Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

Jesus tells us that being humble is the basis of our faith.  We must all recognize that we need a Savior and of course that Jesus Christ is that Savior.


Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Matthew 5:3

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Creator of the Heavens and the Universe and everything that inhabits them, and You created me, know everything about me - including my sin...and You came to die for me so that I could have life.  Thank You Jesus!  I am in desperate need of You...daily.  I am harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.