Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Psalm 119

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. v105

It is not definitively agreed upon who the author of this psalm is nor when it was written or the circumstances of the psalm. Yet as with all scripture, it has eternal value as it is God breathed and living.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness[.] 1 Timothy 3:16

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

This morning, I feel desperate for God and His light.  I don't know what the future holds and many days I have concerns about how I can provide for my family - these are of course unfounded as God provides.  Once again I should hold on to what is true and let go of what is going on my mind as many thoughts are directed by Satan who wants to separate me from God.

See also this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who will always be with me - I am 100% certain!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.