Sunday, March 18, 2018

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. v23-24

We were all made in God's image (Genesis 1:27) and we exist to glorify God. We are also expected to experience spiritual maturity.  As such, David's thoughts here in this Psalm are something we should all strive to desire for ourselves - to be refined by God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has helped make me more in Your image.  Thank You Jesus for making me more patient, etc.  Yet I am not worth Your love and compassion - I am broken and I continue to sin.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.