Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.

Proverbs 8

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. v34-35

I've previously discussed v34 as a call to seek God daily through study of His Word and through prayer.  V35 is a promise that is often repeated in scripture with one example being: 

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 

Other aspects of this chapter include the value of God's Word:

All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. v8

To the discerning all of them are right; they are upright to those who have found knowledge. v9

Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. v10-11

My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver. v19

As I sit here, in my own life, I can with 100% certainty attest to the truth of  Proverbs 8.  Yet even as I speak, I know from time to time I don't act with this certainty.  Jesus, please help me grow in my faith, desire for You, and desire to please You.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me - this I know.  I know You are always with me and You have given me life to the full...and so much more!  Thank You Jesus.  Indeed my cup overflows. I am not worth such rich blessings and love.  I worry and I am harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.