Saturday, March 17, 2018

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!

Psalm 133

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! v1

God wants us to live in fellowship with others - it starts with the 2nd greatest commandment:


And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:39

We are to bring others to Him...to be a light.

For us to bring others to Him and to be a light, believers must be in unity to support, pray for, and encourage one another.

Genesis 2:18 
Acts 2:42-47 

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an amazing God You are that You created all of us to share life together, believers and non believes alike so that we can support, encourage, and pray for one another and so that we can bring others to You.  Thank You Jesus for my immediate family, and my brothers and sisters in Christ and for the church.  I am blessed.  Yet I am not worth such blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.