Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Do not put your trust in princes,in human beings, who cannot save.

Psalm 146

Do not put your trust in princes,in human beings, who cannot save. v3

I've been worrying about something to happen in my work life - relying and trusting in others.  Sinful!  I needed this morning's reminder that I should trust in God first and foremost - above others and not idolize others.

God provides for all of my needs.  Moses' words ring so true this morning:

You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. Deuteronomy 8:17-18

And yesterday's post and posts here also serve to remind me of how God is REAL and that I need not worry.


I need not trust in myself or others above God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who never leaves or forsakes me - You provide for all of my needs.  Thank You Jesus!  You overwhelm me with Your love.  I am not worthy of such love.  I worry and trust in others often above You.  Please forgive me!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.