Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Psalm 84

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. v10

We are told that we are foreigners in "this world" and at home and citizens of Heaven.


Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.  1 Peter 1:17

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ[.] Philippians 3:20

As such we should not grow comfortable with this world and not "conform".

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

We should "[b]e holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy" (Leviticus 19:2).

God knows that we cannot do this alone - so He provides the Word, our brothers and sisters in Christ, the church, and of course Jesus Christ His Son through which we have the Holy Spirit - the same power the brought Jesus from the grave.

Our time here on earth is to be spent discipling others and bringing others to Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who has brought me out of the miry pit...again and again.  You always welcome me back with open arms - You free from the sting of sin and death and You put me on a path to live a life more like You.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not worthy of such love.  I often do not obey and I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.