Saturday, February 17, 2018

In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.

Psalm 44

In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever. v8

We all have skills and abilities but God is the source of our skills and abilities.  

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge[.] Proverbs 1:7


There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
 
We should have no reason or cause to be arrogant or to boast.  Our boasting should be about what God has done.
 
We must be a light.
 
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16 
 
My Prayer: Heavenly Father, Jesus, You created the heavens and the earth, and everything in them...and You created every human being and all that they have done is due to You.  Lord Jesus You are an amazing God who has done great things both with me and through me.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I am not worth the love You pour out for me.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.