Friday, February 2, 2018

Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.

Psalms 2

Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling. v11

We must acknowledge that God reigns (Colossians 1:16-17) and that we exist to glorify Him.  That should drive us to live in reverent fear of God - again not as an angry God but as a God who is slow to anger and abounding in love, and who is in control. 

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 1 Peter 1:17

Those who do not believe that Jesus is their Lord and Savior may see Jesus as either irrelevant or as in the way of serving our own interests.  Yet for me, I know that God loves me and that I find joy and freedom in serving the Lord for I know that is why exist.  

See also posts here on freedom.


In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:4-5
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You reign with love.  Thank You Jesus - for all that You are and all that You do....that You are slow to anger and abounding in love.  That You give me life to the full.  I am not worth such blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Please give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.