Monday, February 5, 2018

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.

Psalm 12

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times. v6

People do let us down - they make promises they don't keep.  That is why we see in scriptures that our faith should rest in Jesus Christ alone, and not in people, for God's keeps His promises.  God is also always available for us as He never leaves or forsakes us.

Yet we chase what the world offers - I know I am guilty of this as well.

I must remind myself - daily of how God is worth more to me than what the world offers.

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. Philippians 3:7-9

Many of the fruits of the spirit, which I have experienced in greater quantity as I have grown closer to Christ - I would not trade for anything the world can offer. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who offers freedom, life, and eternal life.  Thank You Jesus for raising me from the dead for I was dead in my sin.  Thank You.  I am not worth such love and blessings as You provide.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.