Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

Psalm 55

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. v22

I worry - far too much.  God tells me not to worry (Matthew 6:25-33).  God wants me to depend on Him fully - 100% - to trust in Him vs self, others, etc.

My only thought this morning is to draw near to God.


Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:12-13
 
I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. Proverbs 8:17

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25


If I draw near to God, He will reveal Himself.  As God reveals Himself to me, I am able to cast my cares on Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who hears me when I cry out....You are always there for me and You never change or forsake me.  All of Your promises come true.  I can rest in You.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet many times I don't and I worry.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.