Thursday, February 22, 2018

Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth.

Psalm 58

Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth. v11

We often concern ourselves with how others should be judged for their wrongs and in so doing we sin.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:1-5

We should rest in knowing that God knows everything and that nothing is hidden from Him.  We can also rest in knowing that God's justice is perfect.

Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.  Revelation 22:11-12

It is not our role to play judge. On the other hand, we are to love others as God loves us (John 13:34). 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who knows all yet loves all.  You know everything about me including my sin, yet You still came to earth to die on a cross for me so that I would be free from the sting of sin and death.  Thank You Jesus - I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.