Sunday, February 11, 2018

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 25

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. v4-5

God created man in His own image (Genesis 1:27) and God is working in us to transform our hearts, minds and lives (Romans 12:2).  If we surrender to Him and ask Him to show us the way, He will lead us...He will show us the way as He IS the way.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

For us to follow Jesus, we must first acknowledge our own shortcomings - that we are insufficient...that we need God.  We must demonstrate humility.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3

I need to daily remember that I would be lost without Jesus...that my way or the world's way leads to eternal damnation. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the ONLY way for You are THE way, the truth and the life.  I WOULD be lost without You.  Thank You for guiding me and leading me.  I am both filled and blessed.  Yet I am undeserving of such blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.