Monday, February 12, 2018

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. v14

God wants us to be in action and to use our spiritual gifts to the best of our abilities.

 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
 
Yet there are times when God wants us to wait, to trust in Him.
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens[.] Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
This is what the Lord says:
“In the time of my favor I will answer you,
    and in the day of salvation I will help you[.] Isaiah 49:8
 
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14
 
In our waiting, we can rest in knowing that God loves us, He will never leave or forsake us, and that He has great plans for us - "to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give you hope and a future". 
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - You have blessed me beyond what I could ever imagine or deserve.  You are truly a great God and the one and only God for me - I would be lost without You. Thank You Jesus.  Yet, I am undeserving of such a God as You.  I worry.  Please forgive me and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.