Thursday, February 15, 2018

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Psalm 37

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. v7

We often - I know I've been there - see others and use others' behavior as justification to engage in sin - peer pressure if you will.  This may be particularly true when we are expecting God to respond to us in a time of need - yet David is warning us that we should avoid running with the world and that we should wait for the Lord, for His wisdom, His provision, His peace, His comfort, etc. and God's timing while it may be mysterious - it is worth waiting for.


This is what the Lord says:
“In the time of my favor I will answer you,
    and in the day of salvation I will help you[.] Isaiah 49:8

The world cannot provide what we truly yearn for - and it cannot fill the hole in our heart that is made for God alone.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and I know that You have great plans for me...to prosper me and not for harm, for hope and a future.  I take great comfort in Your promises and Your love.  Thank You God for Your Son and the Holy Spirit.  I am not worth such love - I am broken and my sin continues - I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.