Friday, February 9, 2018

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul.

Psalm 19

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. v7


David is described as a "man after God's heart" and as someone who would do "everything [God] want[ed] him to do" (Acts 13:22).  I will not say I love the Lord as much as David - but I can say for myself that I love the Lord and I seek to please Him - daily.  Yet this was not always true nor did I always have a desire to go "after" God and read and study His Word.  I am far from perfect but I am confident in testifying to the good work God has done in me.

This is both a process and a promise - and God keeps His promises.  I started reading the Bible with more vigor and it took time - I can't say how long specifically and of course it will be different for each of us.  But we must go "after" it and trust that God will do a good work in You - He will.

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:4-6

 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

By them your servant is warned; in keeping them [the law of the Lord] there is great reward. v11

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and You HAVE done MANY good works both in me and through me - thank You Jesus for making me more like You - I do feel filled - but I want more.  Yet I am not worth Your love - I worry.  Please forgive me and help shed me of such sin.  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.