Tuesday, February 13, 2018

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime[.]

Psalm 30

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime[.] v5

We are imperfect and broken - yet He adopted us as His children.

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Ephesians 1:4-6 

And He is slow to anger and abounding in love.

That He will be with us until the end of the age in the context of knowing that for those who believe, we will never lose our salvation = favor.


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.  John 10:27-29

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who will never leave or forsake us and You have adopted us as Your children and sealed us for eternity - thank You Jesus.  What an amazing gift and act of grace.  Thank You.  I am not deserving.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.