Friday, February 16, 2018

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

Psalm 42

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? v1-2

As a follow up to a post from a couple of days ago, we must recognize that we can do no good things and have no good things without God; we would also be lost and condemned without Him.  Therefore, we must be desperate for Him - He is life and without Him we would be dead.


Even further, we must see ourselves as dead without Christ.

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26

But Christ is life.

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:38

“If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.” John 4:10

But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. Romans 8:10

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are...You are life, You saved me and You provide life...to the full!  I am blessed and my cup overflows.  I am overwhelmed.  Thank You Jesus.  But I am not worth such love and blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.