Saturday, February 3, 2018

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?

Psalms 8

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? v3-4

Indeed...the God who created the universe, everything in it, and controls all things...loves us...even though we are broken and sinful.  He loves us as His children (Romans 8:16, Ephesians 5:1), created us in His image (Genesis 1:27, Romans 8:29, 2 Corinthians 3:18), and God wants to teach, mold, and refine us to be more like Him.  

God has great plans for us - yet one more aspect of how great God's love is for us.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me - even though I am broken and sinful.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry and I am often harsh with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards others.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.